Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Batch TCK discussion continued - Junit 5, Arquillian, etc.

Hi.

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 8:20 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 there is no real adopted alternative to arquillian so reaching portability and integration easiness with per test app (archive) it looks a good move

Yes. Wherever possible, I try to create the tests using Arquillian to all use @RunAsClient. That way Arquillian is only used to start/stop the target (if applicable) and deploy/undeploy the test archive. The test project is always a regular war (in case of web tests), so that war can be deployed standalone (without Arquillian) as well. That provides maximum portability should, for some reason, testing without Arquillian becomes necessary.

I do wonder if it would be good to standardize some parts of Arquillian. The API itself has been stable for almost a decade now and it has long ago stopped to be fast moving (it's mostly simply complete).

Kind regards,
Arjan

. Junit 5 or 4 is no more important technically IMO so let's use 5 if we can to encourage contrib to tck themselved.