Re: [incubation] feature blurb

Hi Monika.

As Torkild said in his response, we don't see any Eclipse Platform Plug-ins in the project code. They are in-scope for the project, however, so I'm going to assume that you're in the process of bringing that functionality over to the Eclipse 4diac project. If you need help on Eclipse Features, our good friends over at Vogella have a tutorial that should help [0].

I'll take this opportunity to let everybody know that we've started an effort this quarter to revise and generalize the legal documentation requirements. If you're interested in following this work, please see Bug 508206 [1].

The Guide to the Legal Documentation for Eclipse-Based Content [2] was written to address content that is delivered as plug-ins for the Eclipse Platform. Eclipse Platform Plug-ins need to represent the legal documentation in a very specific way in order for the UI to be able to render that documentation for the user (e.g. in the About dialog).

As our project space has expanded and we have more and more content that is not delivered as Eclipse Platform Plug-ins, we need more general guidance. Bug 498155 [3] is intended to address the generalization of this document. As I stated earlier, however, we've only just started this effort, so there's not not much to see yet.

If you're interested in this topic, please join the discussion on the cited Bugzilla records.

Wayne