Re: [gmf-dev] Removing GMF Object while keeping EMF Object

Hi ;
        The correct place for this question will be the GMF news group.

Now, regarding your question based on the behavior you are describing it looks like your shape is canonical, that is why when you delete it will delete the semantic element with it
If the shape is not canonical, you should see 2 delete menu items one called delete from diagram , the other is delete from model.

        But as long as it is canonical, as soon as you delete the view the element will go with it, if you leave the element behind the view, then the next time the canonical edit policy refresh it will create the view again

Mohammed Mostafa
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, ON, Canada, K2V 1C8
tel: 613 591 7928
mmostafa@xxxxxxxxxx

"Maxence Vanbesien" <bezienatos@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/13/2007 05:46 AM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[gmf-dev] Removing GMF Object while keeping EMF Object

Hello all,

Shortcuts provided by GMF make the referenced EObject to be deleted when the GMF Node (Standing for the Shortcut i.e. containing the "Shortcut" EAnnotation) is deleted.

I would like to change this behaviour by keeping the referenced EObject while Node is removed.

I tried to override the getCommand method of the EditPart, but I don't know which kind of Request I have to filter...

Moreover, I tried to look at EditPolicies and EditHelpers, but when those classes are invoked, EObject is already marked to be deleted...

What do you suggest me to do ?

Regards,

Maxence