Re: [glassfish-dev] Status of GF 5.1.0?

Paul Stanley wrote on 12/ 7/18 07:31 AM:

On that subject, are you aware that the javaee repository is still being updated?
Yes, we're still producing the Oracle GlassFish 5.0.1 release.  We're manually keeping any significant changes in sync with Eclipse GlassFish 5.1.

The other issue listed above is regarding the OSGI meta-data.  This is more of an issue for our application as we deploy services into the OSGI container.  In that context, if the meta-data is incorrect then services throw runtime exceptions.  A good example of this the Json-p implementation as the API and service have been split into separate bundles.  As a result, it throws an exception when used by services that are deployed into the OSGI context.  However this doesn’t appear to be a problem for applications deployed in the web context (I.e. war files)

I assume you've filed bugs against the appropriate projects.

GlassFish runs on OSGi so some of this metadata needs to be correct for GlassFish to work.  We know that some of the metadata is wrong in a way that doesn't effect GlassFish.  We'll try to fix some of that, but may not get to all of it before 5.1.

I’m still a newbie when comes to using Github, as such I'm not familiar with submitting PRs.  Once I figure it out, I’ll update the tickets as appropriate.

Yes, I know the learning curve can be a bit steep, especially if you're not familiar with git.  We really need to add a "quick start guide" to the wiki.

Back to the top