[glassfish-dev] Antlr2 upgrade issue

Hello All,

My first post in the group.

I am looking at this issue in glassfish project: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/issues/22638  (Upgrade from antlr2 to greater version).

I have been trying my hand on this issue for some time now. Mainly spent a good time on getting to know anltr4. I have been trying to make changes slowly. But more I am doing it, more I realize that certain classes in effected modules i.e. cmp-support-sqlstore and cmp-support-ejb shall need a good overhaul or may be a complete re write.

So I turned my attention to how exactly this code around antlr2 is used. I see probably the starting point is JQLC.java class and then there are supporting classes. I do not see any unit tests or anything (i have not run the quick look tests yet; not sure if that shall me as it looks more of integration test to me?)

The agenda of this mail is two fold:
- To validate if I am right track? Whatever I have been playing with, the changes are here: http://github.com/tyagiakhilesh/glassfish
- To understand what purpose antlr2 is serving in the project? I could guess till now that its all about JPQL quries and parsing them ? I might be completely wrong here.

Can someone help me answer the second question above ? Also, there might be some old emails or material around this as well. If I can get hands on that as well, it might be helpful.

Thank You,
Akhilesh

Back to the top