Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] Discriminator and Inheritance.strategy

Hello Guy,

unfortunately we have the Inheritance.JOIN strategy.
I don't understand why there's a discriminator needed for this strategy because which class an object is instance of is determined by the entry in the "sub"-table, isn't it?

kind regards,
Michael

Guy Pelletier schrieb:
A discriminator column is not needed for a TABLE_PER_CLASS strategy.

The discriminator column is used to determine which class of object that
row represents.

Cheers,
Guy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Simons"