To: <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 6:33 AM
Subject: [eclipselink-users] Discriminator and Inheritance.strategy

Hello,

I'm trying to port a client/server application first to JPA to enable the 3-tier migration.
At the moment I try to use EclipseLink as JPA implementation.
The first exception I fall over said "Unknown column 't2.DTYPE' in 'field list'"

Seems like EclipseLink always needs a discriminator column even if the inheritance strategy is
JOIN or TABLE_PER_CLASS.
Is this correct?
And if so, what is it good/needed for?

[EclipseLink 1.2.0, database=MySQL 5]