Re: [che-dev] How we track issues/PR that are part of a release

On 21/07/2020 19:03, Sun Tan wrote:

I am OK to have it automated, but what if we want to tell the users that a Che release includes a fix in upstream Theia? or would we also include all the PR in Theia? that works for me.

I'm sure the Theia community would be delighted if we would provide it with an automated way to generate release notes ;-)

Now we don't have that automated ... and we don't know how much time it will take to do that. So I am +1 to manually add a PR/issue to the `kind/release` notes that should work without too much pain starting tomorrow. And we can create an epic for the mid/long road to make it automated. WDYT?

Without pain for you, who is the consumer, not producer of these issues, I might add ;-) But on a serious note: let's not add more manual process to creating a release: we're trying to make it as automated as possible. If we think having these "release notes" is important, let's invest in the technology to do it right and let's invest now.

/Thomas

Back to the top