Re: [che-dev] How we track issues/PR that are part of a release

IMPORTANT When will this poll be over?
@Sun please make clear until when people are able to answer before you close the poll. I have some bad memories :-)

 Haha :) will do if we start a poll, but I don't feel like swimming in the pool now :p

Is that about the roadmap or the release notes?
What's the problem we want to solve? Find out issues included in future releases (roadmap) OR issues fixed in a past release (release notes)? Because both are important but the solution will differ.

For the roadmap we don't have other choices than using issues and I am +1 to use milestones (point n.2) and on one unique repository (eclipse/che).

For building release notes I agree with Thomas that we should use PRs (or even commits) and a script that retrieves commits included in a release from different repos and publish it in the GH release page. That's the only way to be sure that we include everything without the need to enforce one issue per PR rule. Deploy team has been using conventional commits for chectl that help setting a convention on commit messages and I am curious about their feedback.

It is to have release notes that are tracked by GH. It could be PR, but also 1 issue that would consist of PR in different repos (theia, che-theia, che-server, etc ...)
I am OK to have it automated, but what if we want to tell the users that a Che release includes a fix in upstream Theia? or would we also include all the PR in Theia? that works for me.

Now we don't have that automated ... and we don't know how much time it will take to do that. So I am +1 to manually add a PR/issue to the `kind/release` notes that should work without too much pain starting tomorrow. And we can create an epic for the mid/long road to make it automated. WDYT?