Re: [che-dev] How we track issues/PR that are part of a release

On 7/20/20 12:24 PM, Sun Tan wrote:
Hi all,
We started to discuss how we could properly track releases. For a user, it would be interested to know in which release(s) a particular issue is part of. Or know what is the content of a release.

Here are the proposals:

1. Label `kind/release`, issues like https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17428 or https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/17436. Pros: easier to edit and comment about issues. No need to milestone z-stream release. Cross repo issue or PR friendly.
Cons: Would need contributors to manually add issues/PRs to a release issue.

2.  Milestones
Pros: one way to mark issues when planning or releasing.
Cons: may not be available in all the repos (Theia, etc ....), would need to add z-stream release as a milestone. Cannot set 2 milestones for a release. Not possible to track PR through all the repos.

3. use the release tab in github. https://github.com/eclipse/che/releases
Pros: available in che github main page.
Cons: hard to search and track for issues/PR related

AFAIC:  +1 for 1.

+1 for option 1), it works best with issues and PR's, in the event that the PR doesn't have a corresponding issue.

Eric

Back to the top