Re: [che-dev] Stale branches in che repos :: ACTION REQUIRED :: please take out your trash :D

@Nick Boldt this is the plan after having discussed with Mario

Sun Tan

Senior Software Engineer

Eclipse Che - CodeReady Workspaces @ Red Hat
Paris JUG leader

Red Hat Paris

sutan@xxxxxxxxxx
M: +33621024173

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 11:36 PM Nick Boldt <nboldt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What if we simply enable the "Automatically delete head branches" option for when PRs are merged?

image.png

Would everyone be OK with that?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:45 AM Sun Tan <sutan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> because it doesn't scale, you will do that for the almost 20 che repos ? every week or month ?
>This is the responsibility of each committer to take out the trash after each merged PR and in the meantime, this is the responsibility of maintainer to have a clean repository.

It doesn't scale and it doesn't work. It's been 2 weeks we are talking about cleaning and of course not all of our committers could take time to go through all our ~20 repos to clean their branches ...

Let's all use Che and make sure that the flow to contribute with forks works well. I still cannot see anyone commenting on that but it sounds to me a great idea to easily keep our repos clean and ... at the same time have a great tool that any developers could easily use to make great contributions.