Re: [che-dev] Eclipse Che 6.x

Thanks Sergii,

It's the plan.
Would like to emphasize and explain one important moment.

It's planned that within next 3 months (till the end of January 2018) we release version 6.0 and leave it as an upstream version putting 5.x to maintain mode (only bug fixes).

During this transition period:
1/ 5.x ONLY: There are (presumably small number of) bugfixes and tasks specific for version 5.x only. These changes are going with PR to master branch only.*
2/ 5 and 6: Tasks/features targeted to both 5 and 6 versions. There should be 2 PRs: to master and Che6 branch.*
3/ 6.0 only: Code compatible with/makes sense for 6 version only. PR to Che6 branch only.*

* Categorization of code may be some tricky. Please feel free to ask about the code you working on (or going to work):
- che-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx list,
- Che Mattermost channel (https://mattermost.eclipse.org/eclipse/channels/eclipse-che#
- concrete project maintainer(s) (https://github.com/eclipse/che/wiki/Development-Process Roles->Maintainers list)
in advance (the sooner the better)