Re: [che-dev] Faild status in CHE core.

Hello Dany

Sorry for long delay.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Shapiro, Dany <dany.shapiro@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sergii,

Thanks for the quick response , I see your point .

The issue from my side is that our logic from the runner implementation side, causes the runner to reach Stopped state in 2 different flows .(the reason for the stopped state is the logic implemented in CHE runner.)

For the sake of the example, let's call them "Flow A" and " Flow B".

Now if we look at this case from the Clients side , he issued a run request and the process is stopped.

How can the client differentiate between runner  " Flow A " or " Flow B" ?

My initial idea was to use the Failed state, since IMHO I need an additional state for the process .

But then I saw that any action that can be executed on a given process  is allowed only on NEW, STOPED, CANCELED, RUNNING states (the notorious "if" statement we discuss in the previous email).

I see your point. For this moment we have no plans to extend that.
If you are able to propose PR with solution for that. It will move this topic much faster.

And following your response bellow, I cannot and will not be able to use the failed state following your vision of things . that's an issue from my side, since I need an additional state of the process.

Hence I need your help with this situation – how can we address this  ?

I can think of a number of solutions but I rather you propose the first option , since I wish to be aligned with your vision.

BR

--Dany