Re: [che-dev] Faild status in CHE core.

Hi Sergii,

Thanks for the quick response , I see your point .

The issue from my side is that our logic from the runner implementation side, causes the runner to reach Stopped state in 2 different flows .(the reason for the stopped state is the logic implemented in CHE runner.)

For the sake of the example, let's call them "Flow A" and " Flow B".

Now if we look at this case from the Clients side , he issued a run request and the process is stopped.

How can the client differentiate between runner  " Flow A " or " Flow B" ?

My initial idea was to use the Failed state, since IMHO I need an additional state for the process .

But then I saw that any action that can be executed on a given process  is allowed only on NEW, STOPED, CANCELED, RUNNING states (the notorious "if" statement we discuss in the previous email).

And following your response bellow, I cannot and will not be able to use the failed state following your vision of things . that's an issue from my side, since I need an additional state of the process.

Hence I need your help with this situation – how can we address this  ?

I can think of a number of solutions but I rather you propose the first option , since I wish to be aligned with your vision.

BR

--Dany