Re: [cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Indexer Patch

So having worked on some very small pieces of the code completion which is
in there
today I have these comments:

- We need to make sure that we continue to support the contributed function
information
   extention point (in some manner, not necessarily as is).
   - The current contributed extention point needs to have a mechanism by
which
      users can "toggle" which sets of information they want contributed for
a given
      project (currently missing, but will be needed when RH finishes their
contribution).

- It would be great if the clean up allowed multiple completion models to be
inserted
  (ie not just functions, but macros, preprocessors, types etc) easily.
  Currently however, there is no "clean" way to implement
#[define|include|if|else|etc]
  completion even though it should be dead easy (and something I want to add
for
  1.2).  This might involve a modification of the current extention point
where if the
  "context" can be determined (out of scope, in a class/structure, in a
method/function etc)
  this information gets passed along.

- Being able to build up the associated "live help" based on source code
comments is
   really valuable.  I haven't looked clearly at how the JavaDoc/Java world
works this
   one, but I think that they actually have two totally different context
completion
   contributors.

If you guys are having discussions about this, I'm keen to listen in and get
educated.

Thanks,
 Thomas