[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Indexer Patch

Hey Thomas,

Sorry for the delay but we had to finish a couple of investigation items
before I could send this.

Yes, we've taken a look at the work needed to do code complete the way we
want to, but unfortunately the parser just isn't ready to handle this new
requirement yet.  At a minimum for 1.2, we are now looking at just porting
the current code completion over to the new indexer as you suggest.  Hoda
will start looking at this soon and work with Bogdan and Andrew to ensure
she can get enough information out of the new indexer for the job.  If you
or Alain have any help to offer, that would be great.  The super-duper
code complete will have to wait until the next release :-(.

Cheers,
Doug

"Thomas Fletcher" <thomasf@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-patch-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/21/2003 04:41 PM
Please respond to
cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-patch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-patch] Indexer Patch

Bogdan, Hoda,

  Does this mean that with the indexing of the functions now, we could
start
using
this for code completion in the editor?  If I understood correctly, this
was
something
that Hoda was looking at, I'm interested in finding out where we are at
with
this.

Thanks,
  Thomas