Re: [ajdt-dev] building AspectJ + AJDT

There have been *many* recent changes to the project structure for AspectJ CVS.  We
have now got a module that must be built with the aspectj compiler (org.aspectj.lib) and
we have a module that must be built with Java5 (aspectj5rt).  We usually work with two setups -
one for building AspectJ, one for building AJDT.  There is a build script in the org.aspectj.ajde
plugin that can take an aspectj build in and rebuild org.aspectj.ajde/ajde.jar - are you working
with everything in one workspace? That sounds a bit messy.

If its AJDT that you have problems with - are you on 3.1M5, if you are on any other build of 3.1 then
you are likely to get compile failures.

I don't have time right this instant to write up a guide for building it all - maybe when we have
1.5.0M2 finished...

cheers,
Andy.

Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.krzewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2005 08:42

Please respond to
ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ajdt-dev] building AspectJ + AJDT

Hello,

I've been tracking 1.2 progress for some time now using Eclipse CVS
client (commit sets are very cool). I found out the set of projects
needed in the workspace to compile AJ+AJDT by trial and error
originally, but now it seems that something changed, because I am
getting 350+ compilation errors (they seem to be related with some JDT
API incompatibility, I could post them but that's probably not useful
since YOU can build it all right).

I was looking today for some sort of AJ+AJDT building howto, but I
haven't found anything up to date. I don't wan to use to much of the
team's resources, so I'm basically asking what set of projects from
under /home/technology/org.aspectj/modules and
/home/technology/org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT1.2src do I need in my workspace
to get the build going. I hope I can find my way from there on.

regards,
Rafal