[pde-dev] error concerning com.eclipse.update.configurator needed for creating simple plugin

Hi All,

I am new to the whole plug-in development and to get started tried to run the standard HelloWorld sample plug-in from the PDE.

Executing these steps (but also doing the procedure by hand) generates the error that I need to include the org.eclipse.update.configurator in my list of plugins. (adding it to the list of dependencies in the <import> element generates a can’t resolve indicator/problem.

This being said - I can see the plug-in in the Eclipse\plugins directory. I see it through the configuration list under the top menu but still it seems not to found by the workbench. “Importing it as a Plug-in/Fragment” also doesn’t show it in the available plugins list.

Can anybody help me out with a solution to solve this problem?

Much obliged to you all;

Raynier van Egmond

Seattle (WA) USA

---