[pde-dev] No joy bundleing java libraries with plugins

First of all, Hello :)

Eclipse 3.0M8

I searched the archives (not much joy) and looked for a few days in tons of
docs but still have absolutely no joy bundleing a jdbc driver with my plugin
(ie I'd like to add a jar file to the plugins runtime and distribute it with
the plugin).

I think I've been through all the wizzards and property sheets by now but I
still cannot get the plugin to 'see' that jar file.

I even added the jar to the JRE system library (which alas the pde seems to
see) but yet STILL no joy just running he plugin. BOOM!

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader
.java:348)
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader.loadClass(Abstra
ctClassLoader.java:116)

Hmmm,  I must have overlooked something in the documentation explaining
this.  Has anybody got any pointers as to where I need to look (probably
again)?

Back to the top