Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Fair rules for"optional" TCKcompliancetests

The fundamental problem is that too many assumptions around the existence of "de facto RI" as you stated, exist. As I said, Jakarta EE8 was not a real test of the Jakarta process. Jakarta EE 9 is, and there are clearly issues relating to infrastructure costs as well as the removal of reference implementations. Jakarta EE 9 is a big incompatible release that offers users minimal value. The point was to move the platform to stage 1 of EE10. We need to remove the implicit assumptions and behaviors inherited from the JCP process and get to a sustainable ecosystem.