Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Fair rules for "optional" TCK compliance tests

> On Jul 2, 2020, at 8:48 AM, Ed Bratt <ed.bratt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> First, what I think the rules and specifications say:
>
> 1. If a feature is included in Jakarta EE, it must have a TCK.
>
> 2. If a feature in the platform is specified as Optional, the platform that certifies compatibility of that feature must include all other Required features. (This is also true for component specifications, just replace component-name for platform.)
>
> 3. If there are multiple independent optional features, nothing says one single implementation must deliver all the separate optional features. There must be one of each, but I believe they can be separate compatible implementations.

So it sounds like to your interoperation the scenario I describe of Joe's and Jane's pizza implementations would allow the final spec/TCK to be shipped.

Is there anyone who would disagree with this?

If not, we should codify this understanding at the specification committee level so it isn't open to interpretation.

-David

Back to the top