Re: [ajdt-dev] ANT builder with Aspects

Hi,

Thanks for this information below. Should I just copy these tags in the build.xml file and will it work? What happens as I add/remove aspects; how does ant know where to pick up the right files from? I am sorry if my questions are very basic, but I have never used Ant before and am not sure how it works with AspectJ.

thanks.

Adam Kruszewski <spambox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Irum Godil wrote:
[...]
> I am running a Derby application that uses ANT builder. I want to
> refactor the code base using AspectJ. I am not sure how will I build
> the AspectJ code using ANT. Can someone please point me to what
> properties do I need to set to use AspectJ with ANT.

resource="org/aspectj/tools/ant/taskdefs/aspectjTaskdefs.properties">

usage example:

srcdir="${aspect-src.dir}"
outJar="${aspect.jar}"
aspectpathref="aspectpath.lib"
verbose="${verbose}"

As you can see I use aspectJ to only weave javac-compiled class files.
For futher reference see:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/devguide/antTasks-iajc.html

Cheers,
a.