Re: [ajdt-dev] ANT builder with Aspects

Irum Godil wrote:
[...]
I am running a Derby application that uses ANT builder. I want to refactor the code base using AspectJ. I am not sure how will I build
the AspectJ code using ANT. Can someone please point me to what
properties do I need to set to use AspectJ with ANT.

<path id="aspectj-ant.lib">
	<pathelement location="${aspectj.home}/lib/aspectjrt.jar" />
	<pathelement location="${aspectj.home}/lib/aspectjtools.jar" />
</path>
<taskdef
resource="org/aspectj/tools/ant/taskdefs/aspectjTaskdefs.properties">
	<classpath refid="aspectj-rt.lib" />
	<classpath refid="aspectj-tools.lib" />
</taskdef>

usage example:

<iajc
	srcdir="${aspect-src.dir}"
	outJar="${aspect.jar}"
	aspectpathref="aspectpath.lib"
	verbose="${verbose}"

	<include name="**/*.aj" />
		<classpath refid="classpath.lib" />
		<classpath refid="aspectj-ant.lib" />
		<classpath refid="build-bin.lib" />
	</iajc>
</iajc>

As you can see I use aspectJ to only weave javac-compiled class files.
For futher reference see:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/devguide/antTasks-iajc.html

Cheers,
 a.