Re: [wtp-releng] More on build and tests issues ...

>You can see that it's "queued" by looking at the status > page

Ah.  Okay, looks good.

> true. Plus, the way you describe it seems to work      > counter to the principle of continuous integration

In the most aggressive continuous integration systems I've seen, incremental builds are queue to a computing cloud on every commit to a development tip.  Obviously, this is beyond our resources (although Amazon lets you dynamically boot Linux images on in its cloud for a small fee).  But in most cases an automatic build cycle of 6-24 hours suffices.  When you want to cut an external build you can then select the label for any periodic build (usually the most recent), smoke and bless.

> if it fails ... if that doesn't seem to be working, let > me know and I'll investigate. There is a problem

I have not received a single automatic message from the build system in over a year.  So I assume there must be something amiss there.  Can you recommend a good free RSS reader that works through HTTP proxies?  The last time I looked there was nothing that didn't cost money.

--Cam

Back to the top