Re: [wtp-releng] WTP restructuring revisions for Web services

Oh, and meant to ask ... under

/wst/components/ws/tests

there are some "extra" directories. One is named 'tests' (and has some subdirectories) and the other is named 'data' and has subdirectories named 'BUJava', 'TDJava' and 'webclient'.
Are these anything important that should be saved? Or just some old mistaken checkin? As far as I can see, there's nothing "current" in there, but just wanted to be sure it shouldn't be archived or something.
Infact, you may not even be able to see them with only the Eclipse client .. if they are considered "empty" directories in HEAD. If they don't sound like anything you need, you probably don't ... but, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks,

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/01/2007 04:03 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] WTP restructuring revisions for Web services

Thanks Kathy. I've made the changes (that I can) and added some comments in your original note below.
Feel free to double check, and let me know if more changes needed or if I missed anything.

Kathy Chan <kathy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/31/2007 08:03 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-releng] WTP restructuring revisions for Web services

Hi,

I reviewed the document listed under http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_CVS_Restructuring for the Web services project.  Here's my review results:

The list of directories listed under http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/treeout/webservices.html for webservices are OK except for the following:

MOVE FROM PLUGINS TO ARCHIVE:
 <DONE>
- org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis

- org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.ant

MOVE FROM THIRDPARTY TO ARCHIVE:
<DONE: but left as 'thirdparty' directory in the archive directory>
- org.apache.axis

- org.apache.axis11

- org.apache.commons_logging

- org.apache.jakarta_log4j

- org.apache.wsil4j

- org.uddi4j

- org.wsdl4j

ADD TO PLUGINS
<These won't show up yet, since the listing are created from the last snapshot, I think taken last Friday .. but, the scripts appear such that they will pick them up automatically>
- org.eclipse.wst.ws.service.policy

- org.eclipse.wst.ws.service.policy.ui

In addition, out of the list of directories listed under http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/treeout/common.html for commons, the following are owned by the Web services team and are in the right directory:

Yes, well, remember, if in the "common project" they are owned by the "common project team". I recall some discussion about moving some, but not sure if that's what you mean. But will assume the small changes below are also fine with the common project team.

plugins

- org.eclipse.wst.command.env

- org.eclipse.wst.command.env.core

- org.eclipse.wst.command.env.ui

- org.eclipse.wst.common.environment

- org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache

tests

- org.eclipse.wst.internet.cache.tests

Two of the common plugins should be moved:

MOVE FROM PLUGINS TO DOCS
<DONE. ... is there any desire to move all info pops in 'common' to the 'docs' directory? I think there's a 'validation' one left?>
- org.eclipse.wst.command.env.infopop

MOVE FROM TESTS TO ARCHIVE
<DONE>
- org.eclipse.wst.command.env.tests

Regards,

Kathy Chan
Rational Java Web Services,
IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM,
8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario,
Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx
(905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920