Re: [ve-dev] Palette UI widget

Hi,

The Palette itself is actually part of GEF and is an API. The Palette UI  in VE is simply an implementation that uses the GEF palette.

Rich

"Graham Miller" <gmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/18/2006 05:12 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Palette UI widget

Hi,
I recently started using the Visual Editor to do UI design and implementation for an RCP project.  First, let me say it looks great, thanks for all the hard work.  I have become enamored of the palette UI widget that accompanies a visual editor.  However noting that it lives in the org.eclipse.ve.cde (in a package marked "internal"), I guess I can't use it in my RCP-based application.  Does the VE project have any intention to push this widget "up" into the JFace library or some other library to allow easy reuse?  If not, could I make a motion to consider that proposal?  Thanks.

graham

--
Marketcetera Trading Platform
download.run.trade.