Re: [ve-dev] Migrating from VE 1.1 to VE 1.2

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/22/2006 03:37 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"ve-Dev@Eclipse. Org" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Migrating from VE 1.1 to VE 1.2

Dear VE Team,

I am exploring migration of ULC VE from VE 1.1 to VE1.2:

In the migration docs:

Migrate Palette: This I had done when migrating from VE 1.0 to VE 1.1. So I
need not do anything for VE 1.2. is that right?

--- Correct. Nothing else needed.

Migrate Override: This I have to do using the provided tool. However the old
overrides should work as they are (till 1.3).

--- They should but I really want you to convert them. I don't want you to wait until 1.3.

Could you please give pointers to other significant migration issues (i.e
what are the important changes w.r.t VE 1.1)?

--- I really don't know, we didn't keep track of the internals. The other stuff are things are moved around and renamed.

During compilation I get the following error:

The type org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.CompilationUnitEditor cannot
be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
com.canoo.ulc.visualeditor/src/com/canoo/ulc/visualeditor
ULCVisualEditorContributor.java                 line 0                 1151001946655                 3175

Any idea what is missing? Do I need to include some plugin in the
dependency?

--- You need to have org.eclipse.jdu.ui plugin as one of your dependencies.

Thanks and regards,

Janak