Re: [ve-dev] Overriding the variable declarations in code generation.

Sorry, but the current code generation doesn't allow that. We can understand it if it came in that way, but we won't generate it.

Rich

Darren Hurt <darren.hurt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/31/2006 05:29 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project'" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Overriding  the variable declarations in code generation.

 I  would like to change the code generation so that actual components are constructed in the variable declarations.
That is, instead of having

    private MyComponent myComponent = null;

    I would like to have:

    private MyComponent myComponent = new MyComponent();

    and if possible to replace the lazy initialization in the getMethod with a simple getter, although this last point isn't crucial.

Is there any way of doing this?