Re: [ve-dev] creationClassURI

Hi Ali,

>I want that after installing my Plugin (MyPalette) that every Java
>Visual Class has my Classpath Container automatically.

The way we do this for SWT is via the "New Visual Class" creation wizard.  When the user says they want to create an SWT composite or SWT Shell then the configurationContributor for the wizard entry goes and plays around with the build path.  Is there something analagous you can do so the user goes to the wizard and selects some kind of template they wish to extend that then goes and manipulates the project's build path ?

When I talked earlier about adding the class by hand, what I meant is that without the visual editor if you entered the statement

MyPanel myPanel = new MyPanel();

does this compile ?  If not then the problem is that the MyPanel.class is not available to the project's build path and this is what needs fixing.

From reading your notes it looks like you have created a container.  Make sure as well that in your palette extension that container is what triggers your palette.xmi to appear.  You were in the state where the palette was there but the actuall class wasn't, hence the error.  I suspect this is because the trigger you were using for the plaette was not your container but perhaps the JRE container.

One thing we have toyed about but not yet written was the idea that the palette would have an option called something like "Available ..." and this would show the user a list of all availabe palette entries that weren't being shown because the project didn't include the correct container (or dependent plugin).  The user could then choose the ones they liked and the build path manipulation would magically occur.  A twist on this might be that the palette categories were shown but in a disabled state and selecting them would prompt the user for whether they wanted to change the build path ?

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Back to the top