[ve-dev] Need help on JEM and proxy stuffs.

Hi, it's my first post here :)

I'm trying to extend VE to support my company's
proprietary graphic toolkit. The problem is, it's
actually a server-side library so its widgets don't
actually extend any of the AWT/Swing/SWT classes and
it's not even possible to instantiate them outside the
GUI server.

As far as I could understand the VE framework, it
seems to require actual instances of classes in remote
VM which are being edited in the VE designer. But as
I've mentioned above, it's almost impossible to
instantiate our widget classes, so I'm quite at a loss
now.

So my question is,

(1) Is it possible to extend VE without using the
actual target widget instances? (i.e. replacing them
with vanilla java beans with similar properties)

(2) Is there any reference or related documents on JEM
and org.eclipse.ve.internal.* stuffs? Could anyone
explain to me what does /vm/jbcfswtvm.jar and
/vm/jfcvm.jar do or how they're called from VE?

Any kind of answers, references, or comments that
might be able to enlighten me to get out of this
problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance!

Xavier Cho