Re: [ve-dev] Creating Clone of JPanel

What I did in the meantime was, I created a class MyJPanel which extends JPanel and made my Modifications, like set to null LayoutManager and set etchedBorders and so on, and added it with the add Bean Button, and it functioned. So I've not tried to add this new thing to my own palette within my new Plugin to VE but I guess this won't be a great thing because of the tutorial "Extenting VE to create a Custom Widget". So I'm looking forward to do this and then I will report back how it went.

Thank you very much for your help

Ali Ikinci

Dr Gili Mendel schrieb:

... there are some details that you need to take into consideration when you add a an element to the model depending of where is it added to (a child of someone, vs. FreeForm... which constraints to use, given a particular layout etc.).

VE determine "how" to add a child to the model with edit policies. Put a break point in org.eclipse.ve.internal.jfc.core.NullLayoutEditPolicy.getCreateCommand() (on helper.getCreateChildCommand(child, nullconst, null);) , and try to add a component to a jPanel with null layout.

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

*Ali Ikinci <aikinci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/28/2005 07:55 AM
Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	Re: [ve-dev] Creating Clone of JPanel

I don't know how to insert an instance of MyJPanel into the VE model.