Re: [udig-dev] SDK Build

I can put out an alpha 2 at any point the community requests, they are unofficial release so we need to make them available from refractions or source forge or something.

Personally I was waiting to see what was happening with the location tech process since that is the next step for an official release.

I guess there are two recent developments:

- good news: we got special permission from the osgeo board use the EPSG database (don't laugh it is a really strange licence - not like a modern data license).
- bad news: jai and imageio was firmly rejected (in addition to not being open source the binary distribution license has some words around reverse indemnity)

So to release I need to treat "jai and imageio" as a works with dependency, asking users to install it in their system much like how we handle JDBC drivers currently.

It is my hope that:
- the application starts up without JAI allowing user to point at the two jar files
- installer gives users the option to download the two jars during installation

Given the above is horrible .. we have cunning plan taking shape. But that will have to wait for another email when we are ready.

--
Jody Garnett