[udig-dev] Advanced Style Editors and expected behavior with "Style List"

Hello everybody

While bugfixing UDIG-1737 I stumbled about the import/export and apply functionallity.

What I did:
* Opended a Style editor for polygon layer
* imported a style from SLD file which contains PolygonSymbolizers, PointSymbolizers and TextSymbolizers from file system
* All Styles are displayed in the list correctly
* I selected a Point-Style and hit "apply" buttond down in the midle
* I got serveral NullPointerExpections

What I expected:
* the Importer should ignore Symbolizers that cannot be applied to the current featureType
* or the apply Button should filter the Symbilizers before adding a new rule

Can somebody describe the Story behind the "Style List" Composite and the expected behavior?

I'm not sure about the behavior for follwoing Style-Elements and whats the best way to validate and handle it:
* Are filters applied as well (referenceing a property that doesn't exists for the current feature type)
* PointSymbolizers for LineStrings that have a "geometry" function such as vertices (e.g. http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/sld-extensions/geometry-transformations.html#examples)
* property access of featureTypeAttributes is problematic in general because names differ between featureTypes (the_geom vs geometry vs geom)

Thanks in advance
- Frank

Back to the top