Re: [udig-devel] Gsoc 2013 Project idea

Hi Vishal,

> I was thinking if implementing some kind of Vector tools for udig,like
> geometry,analysis,research tools(similar to ftools in QGIS)  can be a
> possible Gsoc project.

well that is not exactly what I was implying when asking you to
present your idea.
We had students coming in with great ideas that were very blurry and
then were not finished at all.

So if you want to gain interest for potential mentors in this
community, you should elaborate and show that you really thought about
it.

What is it you want to create?
Which tools?
Do you have skills to understand how to build the tools outside of uDig?
Do you know any of uDig development?
Do you know if there are already some tools that do the same? Or maybe
the Axios tools that need to be ported might be some code already done
for that and would just need to be migrated?

>From what you write in your email I do not understand what you want to
do and what skills you have to do so.

Cheers,
Andrea