Re: [udig-devel] Problem with Spaces in Filenames

Afternoon Emily:

While I have not had a chance to test, I have run into similar problems previously.

There are two candidates:

1) The code that writes the catalog out to disk, and reads is back in again performs some URL encoding/decoding.
2) Similar code is called when MapImpl is saved (as it wants to save out connection parameters for each of its layers)

I have sent emails tracing through these methods before, with notes ...

For now:

1. CatalogImpl.saveToFile calls ServiceParameterPersister.store
2. Which rewrites URLs to be relative:

URL relativeURL = URLUtils.toRelativePath(this.reference, url);
value = URLUtils.urlToString(relativeURL, true);

3. And then encodes:

value= URLEncoder.encode( value, ENCODING );

Similar code in restoreProperties performs the reverse.

Debug these two methods to see where things have gone astray?