[udig-devel] Problem with Spaces in Filenames

I have a shapefile with a space in the file name ("my test.shp"). When I load this into uDig the first time it loads and displays fine. However when I close and re-open uDig the file is not displayed. This warning message is printed: "Trouble matching file for:file:/C:/data/SMART/SampleData/countries2/my%20test.shp#my%20test"

This problem only occurs when the space is in the file name. If the space exists in one of the directory names I don't have any problems. Also, it is not specific to shapefiles; it also happens for raster files.

Can somebody confirm this behavior and perhaps point me to where I need to look to get it resolved?

Thanks,
Emily

Back to the top