Re: [udig-devel] current udig feature lock

I think that is good news? Let me ask a few questions ...
--
Jody Garnett

On Tuesday, 12 February 2013 at 5:47 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

Hi, I did a couple of test with the 10m_admin_0_countries from natural
earth, since when trying to edit the USA it uDig was freezing to
death.
So previously you had problems editing 10m_admin_0_countries, the same kind of user interface deadlock I had one "cutting holes".
1) editing seems to work when I pull single nodes.
That also worked for me previously, I only ran into trouble when using the hole cutting tool.

2) box selection in editing mode has a problem, which one can see in
the attached screenshots. When I do box selection, the box stays
there.
So is this an unrelated issue (i.e. a new issue?).

If the bbox feedback remains on screen a "draw command" has been left on the rendering executor, the tool is supposed to set drawCommand.setValid(false) when the visual feedback is no longer needed.

Often this was done on "mouse up", but this has in many cases been changed to be "when finished the work in the background thread" (so the bounding box represents visual feedback that something is going on….

So I am hard pressed to see if this issue is related to Frank's recent change?
Funny thing is that if I change window (example go on the
browser) and come back, the box is gone and the points are properly
selected. Also the editing works then. Maybe some strange refresh
issue?
I wonder if that resets the rendering executor, or if as you say we just missed refreshing the screen.

How would you like to proceed Andrea?

Jody

Back to the top