Re: [udig-devel] [uDig code compile]: can't get rid of error

I am sorry I made a typing mistake.
It goes this way: When I open the folder eclipse\plugins, there it shows :
org.eclipse.update.ui_3.2.300.v20100512.jar
while as soon I import it as project and then open dependencies under
manifest file, the version number shown is 3.7.0.v20110928-1505.

Anyways, I also tried configuring fresh eclipse after after downloading
from the link provided by you, again same problem, version number under
dependencies tab is 3.7.0.v20110928-1505.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Emily Gouge <egouge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am a bit confused by your statement - if the dependencies in the
> Manifest file have the correct version where in your setup are you seeing
> the incorrect version?
>
> The other way to approach it may be to try to find your missing class -
> the UpdateManagerUI class.
>
> You should be able to look in the "Plug-in Dependencies" under the
> net.refractions.udig.ui project, see the org.eclipse.update.ui_xxx.jar file
> and view the contents of that jar file.  If you can't find the
	b=RCjo8Oudep8ImtyTuf6tSS2ZdGLEtufb9DEtnvG00WDFKhayBcL067tll89WXhWjTe
	TIK38hUEUFqErCKWy+9O/hQnNnq+BIqMRvziXsFihf6C36BSzrY3t3c80cr+bczrMcBw
	xz5RXYMgH9SAUCGaA1nBDbU7WeyvSuux+cP87Ow7F/wfdXHY+tNkp7xUvPq+rqcY2MgC
	5W8iFw9xFs44ZgFQnLi1S7iYDytTcmwqrP883yoV+nlcSo5zsGel+O6yymY98K+67vhH
	CbysVSJlI5ewJBtLmJZNduTY10YC2LDks2W2qcJlaISoB3mhX+qbQELu7FmcsBk/dsCK
	tbrQ==
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:57:08 +0100
From: Panagiotis Skintzos <p@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Area measurement tool

--14dae93411e760dd2204d4a87132

> > As I see in distance tool, there is an algorithm to output the
> measurement
> > in appropriate units
> > (km, m, mm) with certain decimals.
> > I can implement something similar for the area (sq km, sq m, sq mm)
> >
> > But for imperial units what would be the desired units in proper order?
> > Square miles, acres, square feet, square inches?
> >
> > I'm thinking to implement a preference page (for the Area Tool) where you
> > can set the units in detail.
> > For example I'd wish to display the area in hectars and the perimeter in
> > meters.
>
> That is interesting. There is already a preference that handles the
> units. I think Jody added it and you can choose the units system.
>
> Yes I've seen it in the generic settings. You can choose between Metric,
Imperial or Auto (which based on map crs, it chooses Metric or Imperial).
But currently the distance tool chooses the display units, based on the
amount of the measurement (km, m or mm).
That logic is fine, but I'd need more fine control on the display unit,
that's why I made a separate preference for overriding the default units.

> > Should I make a new plugin, or we can put this straight into
> > net.refractions.udig.tool.info ?
>
> I would really prefer to merge it into the info tool.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea
>
> Ok, I'll put it my github today and we'll discuss more.

-Pana

--14dae93411e760dd2204d4a87132

argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D=
"im">
&gt; As I see in distance tool, there is an algorithm to output the measure=
ment<br>
&gt; in appropriate units<br>
&gt; (km, m, mm) with certain decimals.<br>
&gt; I can implement something similar for the area (sq km, sq m, sq mm)<br=

&gt;<br>
&gt; But for imperial units what would be the desired units in proper order=
?<br>
&gt; Square miles, acres, square feet, square inches?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m thinking to implement a preference page (for the Area Tool) wh=
ere you<br>
&gt; can set the units in detail.<br>
&gt; For example I&#39;d wish to display the area in hectars and the perime=
ter in<br>
&gt; meters.<br>
r>
units. I think Jody added it and you can choose the units system.<br>
eneric settings. You can choose between Metric, Imperial or Auto (which bas=
ed on map crs, it chooses Metric or Imperial). But currently the distance t=
ool chooses the display units, based on the amount of the measurement (km, =
m or mm).</div>
unit, that&#39;s why I made a separate preference for overriding the defaul=
in:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
&gt; Should I make a new plugin, or we can put this straight into<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://net.refractions.udig.tool.info"; target=3D"_blank">ne=
t.refractions.udig.tool.info</a> ?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Andrea<br>
k, I&#39;ll put it my github today and we&#39;ll discuss more.</div><div>=

--14dae93411e760dd2204d4a87132--

Back to the top