[udig-devel] doc commit html files or generate?

The really good thing deploying the html pages over to the help plugin; it
means we are no longer committing massive generated ZIP files.
I assume you are talking about the deploy and deploy-clean targets
defined in build.xml of the doc module.
Yes.
Can we set the destination folder (EN) of the bundle net.refractions.udig.help to gitignore file
and delete the current content. That would avoid coding docs in the
bundle itself. In addition we should add a readme file that points to
the sphinx docs...
I tried that and chickened out as it means the docs would be broken for any developer not comfortable running
sphinx themselves. I hope now that we are saving HTML out the diff's will be small as we make additional cuts
of the documentation.

Still I would be willing to give this a go if you feel strongly about it.

Jody

Back to the top