Re: [udig-devel] 1.3.2 preflight checks

Good news from other front lines:

* successfully created jre with native support for JAI (1.3.0) and Image IO 1.1.0 for linux x86
* Got the following expected message (set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to external gdal-1.7.3, gdal_data taken from udig_home folder:
   "GDAL Native library loaded (version: 1.7.3)"
* not sure why, but the version number of the downloaded 1.3-SNAPSHOT is 1.3.1 in the "About Dialog"
* got a long Stacktrace from Classloader because of missing ArcSDE API -> improvement to show the warning without the stacktrace, only in debug mode?!

Before I upload anything a few questions:

1.1 Should we bundle gdal-1.7.3 native libs with gdalinfo into udig-home folder and set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH in udig.sh scripts

OR

1.2 should we not care about gdal natives because the user (should) know that it is an optional dependency and should be installed separately. uDig just provides a bridge (over imageio-ext to the supported gdal version - in this case 1.7.x)

2. Do we have a tgz file of the 1.6.0_25-b06 JRE somewhere for 32 linux (x86)? Could we temporary upload it to udig.referactions.net/downloads/jre

Cheers, Frank