Re: [udig-devel] Add information to layer

The current frameworks suports

- ServiceInfo
- GeoResourceInfo

Which contains "dublin core" (name, description, keywords) and the good bits out of ISO 19115 (bounds, coordinate reference system, etc...) and a few extras (icon mostly). The idea is that if you have more information available, perhaps a text file or an ISO 19115 XML thing from a web catalog service, that you can teach uDig about it - using an a IResolveAdaptorFactory class.

So if your data was available in a class called "UserMetadata"

UserMetadata metadata = null;
if( geoResource.canResolve( UserMetadata.class ) ){
    UserMetadata metadata = geoResource( UserMetadata.class, new NullProgressMonitor() );
}

if (metadata != null ){
    metadata = new UserMetadata( geoResource.getInfo() ); // create quick summary based on what uDig was able to figure out from file or database headers
}

Jody