Re: [udig-devel] uncertainty with imageio (gdal) NITF and HFA support

Daniele, do you think its possible to add the File extensions, that
are supported by GDAL and imageio-ext can delivered by imageio-ext
GDALImageReaderSpi's (suffixes) in the future? How is the lead of this
project at geosolutions to get it in? It would be much easier for
clients if these suffixes are provided and if the API would have
direct access via BaseGDALGridFormat ála

BaseGDALGridFormat.getSupportedFormats() which delegates to the
internal GDALImageReaderSpi

What do you think?

Thanks for your support!
Frank

 all supported File extensions

currently hard coded in uDig GDALFormatProvider (see static block
started at line 73 :
https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/blob/157d5d3c6db42f6c013ea54aededde9fa74d046c/plugins/net.refractions.udig.catalog.imageio/src/net/refractions/udig/catalog/imageio/internal/GDALFormatProvider.java#L73)