Re: [udig-devel] uncertainty with imageio (gdal) NITF and HFA support

Daniele, hello List

Daniele, Thanks for the link you provided.

In case you haven't seen the pull request for the GDAL format stuff,
please have a look at the pull request :

https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/pull/95

Could you please review the code and comment the pull request. I guess
you have several hints how to access imageio-ext classes. The major
changes are within the GDALFormatProvider class, where the formats are
collected.

Do you know an easier way to access the file extensions from
BaseGDALGridFormat that to use java reflections? Is there a way to
push the supported extensions to the imageio-ext project, I guess this
could be an improvement for geotools as well ;)

Feedback is warmly welcome!
Cheers,
Frank

PS: created an issue to track: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1878