[udig-devel] Programmatically adding a WMS layer with custom URL string

Hello there udig-devel members. I hope in joining this mailing list you will be able to help me with some of my uDig woes.

As you maybe aware, GeoServer contains some non-standard WMS and SLD extensions that allow you to pass in parameters that allow you to customize how a getMap request is rendered.  For example, you can add "&env=param:value" to the end of the string to retrieve a map with customised colours or filter limits.  I would like to use this functionality in my uDig application, and i have not found anywhere in the GUI to add the custom parameters.

I would also like to add these layers automataically when my users configure the the application so that they can customize how my WMS server renders the map. At this point, using a WMF instead with a local SLD is not an option.

I have determined that i should use ApplicationGIS.addLayersToMap() with an IGeoReference, but i am unable to get much further than that.  I believe the correct IGeoReference implementation i need is a WMSGeoReference but i cannot find where this class is located.

I am very stuck at this point and I appreciate if someone could steer me in the correct direction to achieve my goal!

Many thanks in advance

James

Back to the top