Re: [udig-devel] Automate language fragment gathering

Hi Jody,

This was an experiment intended to make life easier when creating the language drop-ins zip.

This method ties Tycho into the method used to download libs. Instead of explicitly stating each and every fragment in the pom, I use Tycho to read these from the feature.xml.

When run, the pom cherry picks only the fragments required by the udig language feature. The difficulty I am having is that it also downloads the parent plugins and a handful of transitives.

In my testing so far, the entire contents of the libs directory created by the languages pom can be placed into the drop-ins directory; or added to the target platform along with the delta pack. Both options appear to work quite nicely.

In summary, the intent was to create a convenience tool capable of automagically creating the languages drop-in.

Cheers,
  Sev

--
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..."

Back to the top