Re: [udig-devel] Building the SDK

Happy new year to you!
I've been using uDig's SDK v1.2.2 but I'd like to upgrade to 1.3.1, as I really need the geotools upgrade to 8.0 M4.
I've been trying to build the SDK per the wiki instructions but I've run into problems.
That is great! Can we ask you to upload it when you are done :-)
Initially I managed to get a build without errors and with the libs source code properly included.
That is great; I have been trying to decide between the current deploy script (which involves editing versions.sh with the correct "qualifier") vs just including the source in the libs directory (and making the normal download larger).
But what is missing is the uDig's source code.
That is interesting .. if you read the tips section on this page (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Export+uDig+SDK+Procedure) you will see that the build.properties is trying to say *where* it is grabbing source code from. I suppose you are correct that those features have been renamed .. and your fix corrects the problem.
I changed these lines to:

But after that I get constant OutOfMemory errors and eclipse is crashing all the time.
In my eclipse.ini, I have these memory settings:
-Xmx768m
and
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m

If I increase any of them (and pass 1g in total) I cannot start eclipse at all (error: Failed to create JVM).
I'm using Windows XP (normally I use Debian but that pc Is not available right now) and have 3G of memory

Any advice?
I am not sure; I will try your fix above and see if it builds for me.
Or if somebody could build build an SDK and upload it, I'd be grateful
I have stopped building the SDK as an encouragement for people to checkout the source code and volunteer :-) The SDK remains great for a training course; or as a target platform allowing you to develop your own application faster.

I don't mind if an SDK is created by a volunteer (perhaps you!), but I am going to try and focus on features and stability this year.

Jody

Back to the top