Re: [udig-devel] RFC in progress: Next generation resource persistence in uDig

Comments below.

2011/8/5 andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Kenneth,
I am abroad so I can't get much into details. I have just one concern.
Are you sure refactoring to eu.udig is safe?

No, hence the warnings :-)

There are so many places wheer ids are used as string and package
names and who only knows what more :)

That is tricy, but the refactoring capabilities of Eclipse would allow us to rename all java dependencies in all plug-in projects without too much problems. Using a regexp matching string, the rest could be replaced also.

It looks a such large scale move to me that I then would also add
migration to eclipse 4 :)

All in good time :-)

Good work anyways,
Andrea