From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Friday, 17 December 2010 8:27 AM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: [udig-devel] Status of 1.2.1 - short list to be fixed

So reading through the 1.2.1 page ... we have some work to do today. I may not end up making it through this list today; but I may as well start now.

1. labels

2. windows spash screen

This works for me on windows; not sure why it did not for Silvia?

3. Italian translations

I don't know an easy way to update translations; I still use ResourceBundle viewer to check things over.
Could we get a list of what is missing? I am mostly concerned to check if the "missing" labels
are actually in a message.properties file to be translated.

4. Tool refresh (move vertex, delete tool, fill tool)

We keep trying to make these "faster" by refreshing a smaller part of the screen. For now I will make them call
layer.refresh( null ) which will make them refresh the entire screen. Slower but less problems?

5. Edit Geometry / Save / Revert / Commit

Something more serious is up here; and I am not sure what to make of it. If the
commits are really going on all the time; then perhaps our "layer interceptor" has failed - the one
that is responsible for wrapping a FeatureStore and noticing when add/modify/remove is called.

I am hard pressed to see how this happened since 1.2.0; as I was not aware of any changes in this area.