[udig-devel] Lightweight SWT version of GMapPanel

Hi all,
I'm the maintainer of an eclipse-based application (www.debrief.info)
to which I'd like to add the ability to display WMS tiles.

GeoTools is clearly the Java-based route to loading/managing map
layers, with uDig the natural eclipse-based 'wrapper'.

But, uDig's power and breadth makes it into a 'heavyweight'
application that justifiably includes lots of code and introduces lots
of dependencies.  My application, however, has a mature UI that
doesn't require many of the uDig building blocks.

What I really could do with is an SWT version of JMapPane that can
display WMS layers into an SWT canvas - with dependencies only on
GeoTools libraries.

Is there such a component hidden in the uDig sources?

Or have any members of the uDig developer community encountered such a class?

cheers,
Ian

Back to the top