[udig-devel] uDig export problem

Hi all

I have a big problem exporting my application to standalone version using 'Export - Eclipse product' option from Eclipse and running it.

I finally managed to export everything ... almost. ICO files etc still are bad, but this is not a problem now. The problem is when I try to run my custom application, it crashes and I get

!MESSAGE Plug-in "net.refractions.udig.style.sld" was unable to instantiate class "net.refractions.udig.style.sld.editor.OpenStyleEditorAction".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/refractions/udig/project/ILayer
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.refractions.udig.project.ILayer at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)

errors.

To check where the problem really is, I started to export a 'nude' udig without major problems. It runs fine. As we have made some changes to basic uDig classes (necessary for our development) so I tried to export 'featured' uDig, i.e. net.refractions.* with our changes - and was not surprised observing that it crashes. We did not remove any class, and not broke any dependency chain insine net.refractions.udig.* packages - just added one or two and changed some methods. The only difference between original uDig and our version is that I have 5 projects imported inside my Eclipse. Can the produced jars be somehow different? I have checked manifest files inside *.jar and all the dependencies and exports that are required - are in place:

Plug-in "net.refractions.udig.style.sld":
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,org.eclipse.core.runtime,
net.refractions.udig.project,

Plug-in "net.refractions.udig.project":
Export-Package: net.refractions.udig.project,
net.refractions.udig.project.command,

I have no idea why net.refractions.udig.style.sld plugin cannot see classes from net.refractions.udig.project - I have not touched anything concerning building, dependencies, etc
Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Lukasz

Back to the top